Posted on: November 05, 2020
Tradeslink Recruitment provides a Consultancy-Style Service that puts our clients and candidates at the heart of our business.
We are not target driven. Instead, we combine market knowledge with simple conversation, we get to know you.
We believe that retention originates thorough our research. That’s why we place so much emphasis on our consultancy-style approach, aiming to find the perfect match between candidate and client.
Recruiting for Permanent Roles can be time-consuming and costly if done wrong. That’s why we have an experienced team dedicated to finding you your ideal candidate.
Let Tradeslink Recruitment be your 360 recruitment forward thinking recruitment solution.
Posted on: October 02, 2020
ARCA had an excellent attendance at the Association’s Annual General Meeting (AGM) earlier today, which due to the current situation was held for the first time via Zoom.
At the end of the AGM the Association welcomed Scott Murray of ECT Environmental Ltd as the new Chairman, who spoke about his objectives in this role. https://lnkd.in/d63zcNV
Posted on: September 11, 2020
ALFA – Asbestos Labour Feedback App
To support the quality of agency labour for member licensed asbestos removal contractors and provide the contractors with a better understanding of the competency of an agency operative, ARCA has developed ALFA, a unique performance rating app.
The Asbestos Labour Feedback App, ALFA, the first of its kind in the industry, enables ARCA member licensed asbestos removal contractors to rate the performance and behaviour of operatives supplied by ARCA labour supply members.
Having an overall performance rating for an operative, as well as certificate information, available in one App, will provide the contractors with a better understanding of the competency of an agency operative before he/she arrives on site.
ALFA, a web-based application, has been developed by ARCA to provide a number of benefits for all parties, including:
- Reassurance of labour competence – being able to view an overall performance rating for agency labour enables ARCA Member Contractors to be reassured of the competency and attitude of an operative.
- Performance feedback – an ARCA Member Contractor can rate an operatives’ performance across nine categories, with ratings used to calculate an overall performance rating.
- Identifies training needs – feedback from contractors can identify areas where an operative can improve, therefore supporting the operative’s development and future selection.
- Automated system – ALFA provides labour supply agencies with an online system for the selection and assignment of short-term operatives to asbestos removal jobs. Once operatives are assigned the member contractor can log into ALFA to view overall rating and certificates for those operatives.
- Certificate management – certificate information is easy for an agency to input and actual certificates can be uploaded, so all information is immediately available within ALFA, to be viewed by the Operative, their Agency and the LARC they are assigned to work for. Also, certificates due to expire within 30 days are highlighted within ALFA, so supporting renewal management.
- Operative overall rating information – once an operative is assigned to a job the relevant LARC can view and also print the operatives overall rating information (as can the operative) along with the information on the operative’s certificates, including expiry dates. Useful to have in the site file as proof of a competency check.
How does ALFA work?
After receiving a request for short-term labour for a specific job, an ARCA Labour Agency uses ALFA to set up the job (who for, where and when), and then finds and selects suitable operatives to send to the contractor. They can search for operatives by various criteria, including location, specific training (e.g. confirmed space) and CSCS Card.
Then when an operative is working for an ARCA Member Licensed Asbestos Removal Contractor, the contractor’s site supervisor will receive an email from ALFA requesting a performance rating for the operative. Ratings, which cover nine categories from RPE to time keeping, are requested on the last day of an assignment or every two weeks where applicable. Once rating information is provided, ALFA will automatically update the operative’s overall performance rating.
Ratings, which can be from a number of contractors across a number of assignments, are used to calculate the overall performance rating for an operative, which is displayed by stars. An operative’s overall performance rating, and average rating per category, is then available to an ARCA Member Contractor if/when that operative is selected for their asbestos removal job by an Agency within ALFA.